Eva Cassidy: Time After Time
From Claire Routley, an eclectic and memorable selection, linked by tear inducing sadness with the exception of Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World.
Time After Time: Eva Cassidy
I used to work for a hospice and they used it as the backing track to their video. It still makes me well up every time I hear it.
The Old Rugged Cross: Dallas Holm
One of the hymns we sang at my Grandad's funeral.
Steal Away: Mahalia Jackson and Nat King Cole
This spiritual was sung at my Bampi's (welsh for Grandfather) funeral by the male voice choir used to sing with. Anything sung by a male voice choir is incredibly atmospheric.
Moonlight Sonata: Beethoven
A gorgeous piece of music and another good weepy!
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong
After all that depression I should pick something a little more positive!
- Rolling Stones: Sympathy For The Devil
- Antony: If It Be Your Will
- Queen: Who Wants To Live Forever?
- Jimi Hendrix: All Along The Watchtower
- Enya: Wild Child
- Johnny Cash: The Mercy Seat
- Elvis Presley: If I Can Dream
- Leonard Cohen: Closing Time
- Joni Mitchell: River
- Jim Croce: Photographs and Memories
- Van Morrison: Into The Mystic
- Joan Baez: Blowin' In The Wind
- Simon and Garfunkel: The Sound of Silence
- Maria Tecce: The Garden