Leonard Cohen: Closing Time
Amanda Jackson's view of life is summed up in the wistful Peggy Lee song, and other tracks in this great farewell playlist.
Closing Time: Leonard Cohen
Makes me think of life as one long night in a bar, ending when the great landlord above calls time.
Going Underground: The Jam
Aside from the intended pun, a great boppy, protest track that takes me back to my misspent youth…
Is That All There Is?: Peggy Lee
Sums up my own philosophy of life!
Brown Eyed Girl: Van Morrison
Reminds me of chilhood in Belfast, I am that brown-eyed girl.
You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome
When You Go: Bob Dylan
Had to have a Dylan song, had to be from Blood on the Tracks, should ensure not a dry eye in the house!
There's not a YouTube clip, rather surprisingly, but the album is available on Amazon.
- Tupac: Until The End Of Time
- Procol Harum: Whiter Shade Of Pale
- Scorpions: Eye II Eye
- Annie Lennox: Cold
- Morrissey: Everyday is Like Sunday
- Randy Newman: Short People
- Johnny Cash: The Mercy Seat
- Eagles: Hotel California
- Eva Cassidy: Time After Time
- Boston: More Than A Feeling
- The Smiths: I Know It's Over
- The Clash: Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- Led Zeppelin: Since I've Been Loving You