Jose Gonzalez : Heartbeats
Five great songs contributed by James Player.
His list contains beautiful and poignant pieces that will be new to many, but should be heard by all. Thanks James.
Heartbeats: Jose Gonzalez
I am sure this will be a regular on people's Fave Fives – just a well written, poignant song. I listened to it regularly after my Grandma passed away.
Your Hand In Mine: Explosions In The Sky
The song that reminds me of my girlfriend Jo when we are apart and we listen to regularly when we are together. It will almost certainly be the first dance at our wedding should we decide to get married!
Untitled #3 (Samskeyti): Sigur Ros
A beautiful song on a beautiful album by a beautiful band! I love this song, a brilliantly structured crescendo – instrumentally perfect – reminds me of the sunrise and happy times.
Another Day: The Album Leaf
My driving song – this one of my favourite songs to put on when taking the car for a ‘recreational’ drive!
I’ll Follow You Into The Dark: Death Cab for Cutie
A song that seems fitting to end with and moves me every time I hear it especially when watching the rabbit video!
- Ella Fitzgerald: With A Song In My Heart
- The Stylistics: You Are Everything
- Hall and Oates: She's Gone
- The Temptations: I Know I'm Losing You
- David Bowie: Aladdin Sane
- R. Kelly: If I Could Turn Back The Hands of Time
- Sting: Fields of Gold
- Regina Spektor: The Call
- Paul Weller: You Do Something To Me
- Tom Waits: Dirt In The Ground
- Rolling Stones: Ruby Tuesday