The Stylistics: You Are Everything
Thanks to Phil Mellor who shares a fabulous playlist ranging from classic Motown to Tchaikovsky.
You Are Everything: The Stylistics
A paen of praise to the girl who has walked out of his life. I have known that pain, and I expect my mourners to feel a little bit of grief.
Heaven Help Us All: David Ruffin
The most under valued soul singer of them all, and his lack of recognition destroyed him. He won't be forgotten by my loved ones when this belts out at my going away party.
Be: Neil Diamond
Sheer beauty in a lyric that describes our hopes for whatever lies ahead of us. I have loved Neil Diamond all my life...symphonic grace in his melodies and poetry in his words.
Piano Concerto No. 1, 1st movement: Tchaikovsky
Several pieces of classical music move me with their grace, elegance and complexity, but none more so than this. Its opening four minutes will get everyone smiling.
Hymn to Freedom: Oscar Peterson
The Night Train album from which this is taken is one of the greatest jazz piano trio recordings ever made. This track is a negro spiritual given the Peterson treatment...slow start and then it picks up when the freedom has been achieved.
- Elvis Presley: Solitaire
- Oasis: Don't Look Back In Anger
- Roy Orbison: It's over
- Chris de Burgh: Lady In Red
- Astrud Gilberto: Here's That Rainy Day
- Prince: Take Me With You
- Bob and Marcia: Young, Gifted And Black
- Lorraine Ellison: Stay With Me Baby
- Bobby Womack: Harry Hippie
- Puff Daddy/Faith Evans: I'll Be Missing You
- Donna Summer: Sally Go Round The Roses
- Dusty Springfield: I Just Don't Know What To D
- Stevie Wonder: As