The Beatles: Here, There and Everywhere
Robin Smith, founder of rock music website Rokpool, selects his favourite five Rock 'n' roll last songs.
Remember, you will only have time for three when planning your funeral playlist, but there are five crackers to choose from here.
Here, There and Everywhere: The Beatles
The list was easy to start, as this beautiful and poignant song had to be my number one choice.
Albatross: Fleetwood Mac
I would want an instrumental as it is best for quiet contemplation. This track suits perfectly.
Young At Heart: The Bluebells
It's what I always feel, and it’s quite fun and uplifting.
Fields Of Gold: Sting
Driving down the road a few years ago I literally had to stop the car to savour the first hearing of this beautiful record. It has to be on my list.
Forever Young: Bob Dylan
There are so many amazing Dylan songs to choose from, and this is not necessarily my favourite, but the most appropriate for my farewell.
- Southside Johnny: I Don't Want To Go Home
- Led Zeppelin: Stairway to Heaven
- Pink Floyd: Shine On You Crazy Diamond
- Bon Iver: Re:stacks
- The Smiths: I Know It's Over
- Sarah Vaughan: And I Love Him
- Rolling Stones: Waiting On A Friend
- The Beatles: She's Leaving Home
- The Beatles: In My Life
- The Beatles: Here Comes The Sun
- The Beatles: 10 farewell songs from the fab four