Harry Nilsson: Without You
This excellent playlist courtesy of old mate Tom Judd.
Without You: Harry Nilsson
Brilliantly produced song about the sorrow of breaking up. I play this two or three times a year and it still has a ‘goosebump’ moment.
I Can’t Find The Words To Say Goodbye: Bread
When someone has gone out of your life forever, no words can express the pain and loneliness.
There’s No Easy Way: James Ingram
Dripping with emotion, this song is also about the pain of ending a relationship.
I Will: Ruby Winters
‘Just remember when you’ve gone, there’ll be someone there who loves you still.’ No clip on YouTube but find it on Spotify or Google Music.
Angel Of The Morning: P. P. Arnold
I used to think this was one of the sexiest songs ever, as it talks of the morning after the night of, ahem, romance. Had a crush on P.P. Arnold ever since.
- Gladys Knight: The Way We Were
- Rolling Stones: Beast Of Burden
- Sting: Fields of Gold
- R. Kelly: If I Could Turn Back The Hands of Time
- Isley Brothers: This Old Heart Of Mine
- Joni Mitchell: Blue
- Paul Weller: You Do Something To Me
- Tom Waits: Dirt In The Ground
- Jim Croce: Photographs and Memories
- Hall and Oates: She's Gone
- Mary J Blige: Love No Limit