Registering a death - need to know
Peter Jones, Director of Heritage Will Writers, had to register a death recently.
Here he lists the information required when you contact the appropriate local authority (local council) to register a death.
- Full name of the deceased;
- Any other names by which the deceased was known;
- Current address;
- Date of birth and age at death;
- Where the deceased was born: city and county;
- Where the death occured: address or hospital;
- Last known occupation;
- Marital status of the deceased;
- Full name of spouse (if married);
- Maiden surname if married woman;
- Name of the funeral director;
- Burial or cremation.
See also this helpful article.