Demis Roussos: Goodbye My Love, Goodbye
Radio Suffolk presenter Rob Dunger chooses two Demis Roussos numbers in his fave five farewell songs.
It's a great list, each song is a first, with Lord of the Dance a modern hymn in its story of Christ's life and love.
Goodbye My Love, Goodbye: Demis Roussos
Demis was big in my life in my late teens and early twenties. The haunting voice became an addiction after visting Corfu and Athens. The message in Goodbye My Love is self-evident, the delivery is powerful and wrings the emotion of this great song.
My Friend The Wind: Demis Roussos
My Friend The Wind is about me, my spirit, my inner soul.
Lord Of The Dance: Corrigan Brothers
This was my dad's favourite. He was the kindest man in the world.
All Over The World: Françoise Hardy
Purity of voice, and lyrics that still make me cry each time I hear them.
I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Acapella): Whitney Houston
A song that reminds me of friends in Canada.
- Jim Croce: Photographs and Memories
- Randy Newman: Short People
- The Beatles: Fool On The Hill
- Rod Stewart: Maggie May
- Farewell songs from the musicals
- Rolling Stones: Waiting On A Friend
- Rolling Stones: Ruby Tuesday
- Frank Sinatra: Always
- Marianne Faithful: As Tears Go By
- Etta James: At Last
- Neil Diamond: I Dreamed A Dream