Procol Harum: Whiter Shade Of Pale
We've had 50 lists before My Way featured but now thanks to journalist and social entrepreneur Nic Careem, here it is!
Whiter Shade of Pale: Procol Harum
First song I ever saw performed live. It was at the wonderful late lamented Marquee Club.
On The Street Where You Live: Nat King Cole
My late mum's favourite song from My Fair Lady.
Imagine: John Lennon
The words says it all. An anthem for a generation: 'Nothing to kill or die for/and no religion too/Imagine all the people living life in peace/You may say I'm a dreamer/but I'm not the only one/I hope some day you'll join us/and the world will be as one.'
Stairway To Heaven: Led Zeppelin
One of the best Led Zeppelin's songs, building in tempo and excitement and ending in a brilliant guitar solo from Jimmy Page. An appropriate song, given the context.
My Way: Frank Sinatra
Because I did...
- David Bowie: Aladdin Sane
- Prince: Take Me With You
- George Harrison: My Sweet Lord
- Astrud Gilberto: Here's That Rainy Day
- Elton John: Circle Of Life
- Bryan Ferry: These Foolish Things
- Rolling Stones: Ruby Tuesday
- The Smiths: I Know It's Over
- Neil Young: Harvest Moon
- The Byrds: Turn, Turn, Turn
- Fairport Convention: Who Knows WhereThe Time Goes
- Dusty Springfield: I Just Don't Know What To D